A local services board (LSB) is a volunteer organization that has the authority under the Northern Services Boards Act to deliver approved powers (services) to residents. These boards are set up in rural areas where there is no municipal structure to deliver services such as fire protection or garbage collection. Area residents vote to determine an LSB's boundaries.
Each LSB is unique in the services it offers its residents. Some LSBs choose to provide only one or two services while others can have up to the full nine services that are available under the Northern Services Boards Act.
Specifically the Searchmont and Area Local Services board boundaries are contained within the following four townships; Deroche, Shields, Gaudet and Hodgins. In addition the current services we manage are; Fire Protection, Recreation, and Emergency Telecommunications. During the 2016-2017 term we are discussing and will vote on adding the service of Garbage Collection, which would allow a recycling program to be initiated.
Searchmont and Area Local Services Board Members 2020-2021
- Board Member - Tim Sundtrom
- Board Member - Travis McCormack
- Board Member - Arne Larsen
- Board Member - Dennis McCormack
- Board Member - Todd Kidd
Virtual LSB Meeting Information:
Click here on a PC or phone:
Regular Scheduled Meetings 2019-2020. All meetings at 7pm unless noted otherwise.
- Tuesday, October 13, 2020
- Tuesday, November 10, 2020 - Budget Meeting
- Tuesday, December 8, 2010
- Tuesday, January 12, 2021
- Tuesday, February 9, 2021
- Tuesday, March 9, 2021
- Tuesday, April 13, 2021
- Tuesday, May 11, 2021
- Tuesday, June 15, 2021 - Cancelled
- Tuesday, July 13, 2021
- Tuesday, August 10, 2021 - Summer Break - No Meeting
- Tuesday, September 14, 2021
- Thursday, September 23, 2021 at 7pm - LSB Election
Also note the current Request to Vary Powers information sessions and public vote. Details can be found on the Request to Vary Powers page of this site.
General Information Source: http://www.mndm.gov.on.ca/en/northern-development/community-support/local-services-board