A local services board (LSB) is a volunteer organization that has the authority under the Northern Services Boards Act to deliver approved powers (services) to residents. These boards are set up in rural areas where there is no municipal structure to deliver services such as fire protection or garbage collection. Area residents vote to determine an LSB's boundaries.
Each LSB is unique in the services it offers its residents. Some LSBs choose to provide only one or two services while others can have up to the full nine services that are available under the Northern Services Boards Act.
Specifically the Searchmont and Area Local Services board boundaries are contained within the following four townships; Deroche, Shields, Gaudet and Hodgins. In addition the current services we manage are; Fire Protection, Recreation, and Emergency Telecommunications. During the 2016-2017 term we are discussing and will vote on adding the service of Garbage Collection, which would allow a recycling program to be initiated.
Searchmont and Area Local Services Board Members 2017-2018
- Board Member - Tim Sundtrom
- Board Member - Travis McCormack
- Board Member - Elna LaForge
- Board Member - Dennis McCormack
- Board Member - Jeff Hinich
Regular Scheduled Meetings 2017-2018
- Tuesday, October 10, 2017
- Tuesday, November 21, 2017
- Tuesday, December 12, 2017
- Tuesday, January 09, 2018
- Tuesday, February 13, 2018
- Tuesday, March 13, 2018
- Tuesday, April 10, 2018
- Tuesday, May 08, 2018
- Tuesday, June 12, 2018
- July - Summer Break - No Meeting
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Tuesday, September 11, 2018
- Tuesday, October 09, 2018
General Information Source: http://www.mndm.gov.on.ca/en/northern-development/community-support/local-services-board