A local services board (LSB) is a volunteer organization that has the authority under the Northern Services Boards Act to deliver approved powers (services) to residents. These boards are set up in rural areas where there is no municipal structure to deliver services such as fire protection or garbage collection. Area residents vote to determine an LSB's boundaries.
Each LSB is unique in the services it offers its residents. Some LSBs choose to provide only one or two services while others can have up to the full nine services that are available under the Northern Services Boards Act.
Specifically the Searchmont and Area Local Services board boundaries are contained within the following four townships; Deroche, Shields, Gaudet and Hodgins. In addition the current services we manage are; Fire Protection, Recreation, and Emergency Telecommunications. During the 2016-2017 term we are discussing and will vote on adding the service of Garbage Collection, which would allow a recycling program to be initiated.
Searchmont and Area Local Services Board Members 2016-2017
- Board Member - Rob Nichols
- Board Member - Travis McCormack
- Board Member - Elna LaForge
- Board Member - Dennis McCormack
- Board Member - Janet Gawne
Regular Scheduled Meetings 2016-2017
- Tuesday, October 18, 2016
- Tuesday, November 22, 2016
- Tuesday, December 13, 2016
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Tuesday, February 14, 2017
- Tuesday, March 14, 2017
- Tuesday, April 11, 2017
- Tuesday, May 09, 2017
- Tuesday, June 13, 2017
- July - Summer Break - No Meeting
- Tuesday, August 08, 2017
- Tuesday, September 12, 2017
General Information Source: http://www.mndm.gov.on.ca/en/northern-development/community-support/local-services-board